What is Google My Business and how does it work? If you need help with Google My Business – understanding what it is, how to use it, and why you need it – you are in the right place. Here is your quick guide.
Have you let Google know about your business with this FREE tool so that Google can send you more traffic? If not, it's time to set up your Google My Business listing.
What is Google My Business?
- It’s a free tool in Google for businesses.
- It allows you to manage your online presence across Google.
- It gives you that “box” when people search for your business name. It displays reviews, photos, more information about your business, your opening hours and location.
How to use it
Here's how you get an account and what you need to do to set it up properly:
- First just Google “Google My Business”.
- Once there, log in or create an account using an email address you use for your other Google accounts, like Gmail, YouTube or Analytics.
- If it is your first time there, you will need to claim your business by getting a postcard in the mail with a verification code.
- Once you have a verified business just enter in all of your details, including your category, opening hours, information about your business, logo, photos and more.
Now, when people Google your name, your listing will come up.
And let’s say you own a hair salon for example. If someone Googles “hair salon near me”, then your listing will come up as an option on the map.
Make sure to grab that 'request a review' link too and send it to people to ask for reviews. Having reviews is helpful for Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) - for more tips on increasing traffic to your website, check out our simple guide to SEO.