Did you know that "84% of online searchers would rather land on a blog post or landing page than a website homepage?"
Simply put, landing pages increase conversions.
This is because the info on that page is the most relevant and least confusing if they get to that page from an ad, social media post, Google search, link in an email or any other means of direct traffic.
Here are the 3 main types of landing pages people can visit beyond your home page:
- An opt-in page
This is a page where people go to fill in a form in exchange for something, whether it be a free resource, voucher or a request for an appointment or phone call.
- A sales page
This is your core product or services page. People visit these pages to learn more about what you offer and decide if they want to take the next step to become a customer.
- A blog post
These are informative articles. They should have easy next steps someone can take with you, whether that is to get them on your email list or direct them to your product or services sales page.
Here are some important elements for your landing pages.
What to put on an Opt-in Page:
- What’s included in the item someone is requesting or what they can expect
- Credibility like testimonials, awards won or, media appearances
- An image that represents what someone is getting
- Call to action: what is the next step someone should take, for example what do they need to fill out in the form?
What to put on a sales page:
- Who you work with: your target market/perfect client
- What are you selling and how is it different: your USP or unique framework and why it is great
- Credibility - like testimonials, case studies, portfolio, awards won, media appearances, samples of your work
- Who you are and what you are known for
- Features: what’s included in your package or product
- Call to action: what is the next step someone should take to do business with you from this page
What to put on your blog page or posts?
Just remember to provide loads of value and send someone to your opt-in page or sales pages for the next steps.
We can help you put together your ideal landing page on your WordPress website. Get in touch!