Business owners who sell more of their products and services tend to use a certain technique consistently. Want to know what it is? It's using an offer!
So what is an offer?
It’s a way of packaging what you sell so there is a higher perceived value from your competitors and an overwhelming amount of value for the price.
Here is an example:
Let’s say you are a stylist. Instead of promoting a just a style session where you help someone put together some new outfits, promote a wardrobe makeover that includes:
- a wardrobe audit
- a body type analysis
- a style analysis and colour check
- personal shopping
- styling the new purchases into outfits
- photos of the outfit combos loaded into your phone’s gallery for easy access
- follow up to see if there are any questions
- tips for how to hang and display your new items
You get the idea right?
Here are some things to consider for what you sell:
- Can you bundle or add in additional things to sell a package instead of an individual product or service
- And for products, can you create a bestseller bundle or a curated pack of what someone needs based on their problems?
Also try adding in FOMO or urgency and scarcity with things like:
- One time only offers
- Seasonal offers
- Free shipping for a certain amount of time
- Only available to a certain number of people
- Flash Sales
And when in doubt use this formula:
The Right Audience + the Right Promise + the Right Time = Offer You Can’t Refuse
Now it's your turn – is there something you sell that you can make more irresistible?